Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Army Guide

Hey guys its been awhile since you last see me!

So as some of you know I'm currently enlisted to the army liao. So I wont be having much time to blog as much!

Okay I'm writing this now in my bunk hahaha! I am afraid that I don have enough time to blog during the weekends ahhaah!!

So I've thought about it a lot and I guess this post will help most pre-enlistee!

I panicked when I was about to enlist because there was so many things that I needed to prepare, and it seems like everyone is telling me different stories everytime. So if you're troubled don't know what to bring for army, this post will be mad helpful for you compared to stupid forums, etc.


First things first,

HANDPHONES 

 if someone tells you that tekong do not allow camera phones. ASK THEM TO KILL THEMSELVES!!!

I freaking spent almost $300 to get a new phone, number and such because I thought that we cannot bring in camera phones. so I told myself okay la nvm even if I brought my iphone in the battery wouldn't last and we also cannot charge or bring usb cables ma..... (THAT WAS WHAT I THOUGHT WHICH LEADS TO THE SECOND POINT)

USB CABLES

WE ARE ALLOWED TO BRING USB CABLES & PORTABLE CHARGES. The only rule is that you cannot plugin any usb cables to any SAF usb ports. I SO ANGRY SIA People told me cannot bring in portable charger, cannot bring usb cable. wtf....

I still went to buy 2 extra batteries for my this stupid slow andriod phone. AGRHHH

HANGERS

Okay this is SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT. You will need 10 hangers.
2 to hang your SAF clothes in your bunk locker. 8 more hangers for you to hang your hand washed clothes. you might think that 8 is a lot but its actually just nice only. Because you wont have time to wash your clothes everyday so you will need to do your laundry in one shot therefore you will need a lot of hangers to hang.
SO REMEMBER TO BRING IN A LOT OF HANGERS!!!!

DRY FOOD

You are allowed to bring in tidbits (dry food) so bring!! You will miss eating chips man! I swear!!!! Its more fun to eat it together with bunk mates and its the first step to approach new people you meet when you enlist so this trick work wonders man!

MONEY

Okay this is mega important, I swear bring in like $50? I brought $30 and its not even my bookout day and I've spent all!!! You will be brought to the emart to buy things so you will buy a lot of stuffs! also when you go for your firing package at the field there will be vendors selling chips and you would want to buy things to eat because the ration wont arrive on time!! that happened to me just YESTERDAY only!! so remember to bring money!!!!!

TOILETRIES 

Remember to bring your own toothbrush, toothpaste, shaver, shampoo, etc and pack it all inside a pouch that can be brought anywhere easily. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, the toiletries set that army will be giving you, you will need to set it up nicely on the locker, so if you have your own you don't have to use and replace it neatly again on the locker.

Second reason is when you wake up early in the morning its dark so you wont be able to see your locker password code. Therefore putting everything in your bag and take it the moment you wake up is a more clever way la!!!!

Ohya remember to bring your own toilet paper the toilet paper they provide the quality not very good ah I don't like. haha

MISC.

Okay here are the optional things that you should be bringing.

1) Extra Slippers (when you go to the bathroom)

2) Black cheap watch (you will have to be on time for a lot of things so remember to bring a watch my suggestion is the $5 one in bugis street)

3) Extra SAF, PT shirt,shorts and admin set. like buy at least 2-3 extras so you won't have to wash so many clothes, trust me everyday here is like a fashion show, ask you to change into different outfits and wash until you die ah!!! (You can purchase these at Chervons, Near IMM Jurong)

4) Sunblock. I find this extremely important because no matter what you will get sun burn one and remember to apply sunblock on your head because if you're shaving your head for the first time exposing it to the sunlight will burn your whole head.

5) Wipes. Okay this is SUPER IMPORTANT! when you put the freaking camou cream on your face its damm difficult to remove you will need a makeup wipe (biore wipes probably) to clean it!!!!


I've come to the end of my post and I hope this will be a useful post for you all (although I think that most of my readers are girls but girls also have brothers right!!)

Everything I've said is based on my experience here and its not completed yet I still have a few more weeks of BMT and I might add more things to this post!

For people reading this in the future, this is an update on FEB 2014. So don't go read all the nonsense on forums which are like 3-5 years ago. Time change already and there are a lot of new things here. (If you're not updated my company has washing machines HAHAHA)

Seeya!

2 comments:

  1. Hey kife, very good write up you have over there! I also going to be enlisted in Tekong soon, haha
    Just wanna check, is it every company in Tekong can bring in powerbank with detachable USB Cable?
    And also, Micro-SD card can bring into NS anot?

    Many many thanks for your writeup, this is much useful than the list they give us in enlistment letter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, my parents still stuck in the past tell me cant bring cam phone etc.

    ReplyDelete