Thursday, October 29, 2015

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Hey guys it's been awhile since you last see me!

Sorry I was away for quite long but because I was busy editing my cheesy chips chips episodes and now we have footages scheduled until next year already! Thanks to my never ending efforts to complete them during my 2 weeks 'break' from having my wisdom tooth extracted. 

Speaking of which, today's topic Im going to highlight about is the much anticipated among all NSFs. The scary, legendary extraction procedure. 

Well. I'm also one of those stupid idiots that didn't know how the whole process will be and everyone else have been telling me that IT IS FUCKING PAINFUL. 

People say the pain is that kind that you will feel miserable about. So let me clear the air right now. 

IT IS NOT PAINFUL AT ALL. 

It is not painful at all to the point that I was rather shocked when the procedure was completed by my dentist. I was really shocked. Throughout I was praying to Buddha that please don't let me feel any pain, and it was done in just like 15mins? 

Why was I so afraid? I went to NUH, my appointment was 2.30pm and it was dragged til 4.30pm (my dentist apologized to me cos he had ad hoc patients) and because of the waiting time it made me damm nervous. I saw one of my camp mates there while waiting he did his extraction and told me that it was fucking painful until he teared and grabbed the side arm rest while having the surgery. 

I was really scared. Because when he told me. Some lady screamed inside the room. I was thinking wtf? Is it really that painful? 

To the point whereby I was infront of my dentist and I asked him whether is it that painful? My dentist whose great name is Dr. Lum Jing Li, (Highly recommended) told me that you will only feel a bit of pain with the injections and the whole procedure will be painless. 

He also told me that he did not extract my camp mate's tooth. (So god knows who did his surgery - LOL) 

The injection pain is just a bit uncomfortable, I removed 2 wisdom tooth on my right so I had to inject 6 Jabs (LA) to numb my gums. I would rate the pain 1/10. 

Throughout the whole process, you can listen to your songs with your earphones and Dr. Lum will keep on asking you whether you feel pain and he always apologizes when he needs to use force to pull/destroy the tooth. (Which I don't understand why cos no pain and not his fault also why he apologize)

So it was done professional. And I was craving for sushi immediately after my surgery. 

Dentist recommended not to eat Hot food as it will slow down the healing process, numbness will go away in about 4-5hours, and always remember to eat your pain killers right after surgery because you don't want to wait until you can feel the pain then you take the pill is not worth it! 

For me, I ate sushi and French fries at night during Day1 of my surgery. And my healing went pretty well. 

First extraction was pretty much painless until the last day before the removal of stitches. Food got stuck inside my mouth. It's damm mafan you have to gurgle like 5 times after you eat and you will still find random food bits in you mouth even after gurgling. 

Throughout my healing process there isn't much of any thing that has got to do with pain. Everyday was just like a normal day to me. But you feel very sleepy because the pain killers cause drowsiness. 

And there goes my second extraction which was much more unpleasant. (I'm currently still healing from it) 

My left wisdom tooth was hidden underneath so the dentist had to extract it with more strength therefore I had lived with a swollen face up till today. So let me show you my before and after surgery face : 


You must be thinking that the one on the left is the after but sadly the one on the RIGHT is the after. 

Both photos were not edited and look at the difference between my jaw. 

Here's a photo on Day 2 during recovery:


I'm pretty much disfigured into a squarish face temporarily. LOL

And after the swell subside :


I'm still having my bruise until now. It has now turned yellow. Sad life! But it's okay it's recovering! Dentist told me because I'm fair that's why will be able to see my bruise. 

So far i have not much of a problem with the healing on my left gum but it causes me unnecessary pain during the later part of the day. It's pain until you feel headache. But it's getting better! 

So I really think that it is okay to pluck the wisdom tooth. Nonetheless having them extracted during your NS life saves you like a thousand dollars and you can get free MC.. It's totally worth it la! 

The worse part is only good gets stuck in the hole and you can't dig it out and I shall show you:


LOOK AT THIS FUCKING BIG PIECE OF MEAT THAT GOT STUCK IN MY HOLE. SO GROSS! 

I hope that my wisdom tooth story can help you overcome the fear for extraction. It really isn't much of a deal. And sorry if I've been away and not active recently on social media. That's because I have a swollen face and I don't want to take photos. I will be having to Japan in less than 48 hours! Will be updating soon! 

See you in my next post! Bye bye :)

6 comments:

  1. I am glad to be of help. Enjoy yr trip n good luck post-ORD =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. Do you have any updated pictures of how your jaw looks after it healed? I'm scared that it's going to make my face look weird. D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took away my face look I had insain jaw muscle and great cheack bones I got all 4 removed and now it's gone. if you want before and after pictures recomment on this post and I will show you the horror

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please show me. I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow and i'm scared that I'm not going to have a nice jaw anymoreD:. I'm the person that asked lol

      Delete
  4. Hi how many days of mc were u given by your doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great team of people working there. They help to make my dental experience pleasurable. I’m so glad I got the referral to come here… Wisdom tooth

    ReplyDelete