Saturday, April 4, 2015

Bucktile St (Food Review)

Hey guys it's been awhile since you last see me!

I went to meet up with my fellow kifinanas that day. It was a small group of five and glad to see new people! 

We went to this cafe which is dammmm near my house (I don't know this cafe existed) recommended by Wendy. 

It is called Bucktile St. (If you rearrange the name it becomes Bucket List) 

The cafe is very cozy, very cute and sweet environment,
kinda have this feeling whereby it's a dream cafe open by people who genuinely love a concept for people to chill and chit chat. 

They sell quite a lot of food, with a very special menu or rather the way they phrase their food is quite interesting. 

So here are some photos that I snapped :


The cafe became crowded at about 3pm. We just slacked there like nobody's business. Haha so let's talk about the food.

Environment rate would be 3.5/5 

Their Croissant  are quite nice as of below :


Tuna Croissant   


Bacon & Ham Croissant  


Egg Mayo Croissant  

It cost SGD$10.90 (quite expensive, portion wise I wouldn't say that it's filling)
However, the crispiness of the Croissant  is really good. 

I would rate it a 4/5.


Classic Earl Grey Tea that is refillable with their own tea leafs.
Anyway I have very high standards for Earl Grey Tea,
this Earl Grey Tea did not have a fragrance smell I would say,
even a packet one that you buy from the NTUC is better than this.
It is SGD$5.90 

I would only rate it 1/5

Let's move on to cakes :


Chocolate Rainbow Cake 


Blue Velvet Cake 


Bombastic Cake (3 flavoured)

Cake cost roughly about SGD$7.90 per slice. The Blue Velvet Cake is their specialty, But it doesn't taste professionally good. It feels like you home made the cake and the sponge Isnt soft. 

However, it's passable so I would rate it 2.5/5 

The reason why the rates for the food are so low it's because they are relatively expensive, I suppose it is because it is built around private estates that's why it's not cheap. 

I would say, if you're there to chit chat with your friends and just want a quiet place willing to afford this price range, then it's a good place. Otherwise, the nearest Coffeebean will be a better choice. 

Something I don't like about the cafe is that the moment you walk in, there's this awkward feeling because no one greets you welcome and it feels weird. It's just weird not that I'm picky but the staff's were just standing there starring at you when you walk in, makes you feel like you randomly hopped into someone's house not feeling welcomed. 

Overall the cafe I would rate it 3/5. Well it's a good experience I would say. Ice water are refillable at your own convenience and no GST charge for your food (but their food already quite expensive).

Okay I shall end off with this :


Hope you like my review :) 

Seeya!

No comments:

Post a Comment