Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Internships

Hey guys its been awhile since you have last seen me!!

In regards to my previous blog post “Part time Jobs” I’m here to talk about more Internship Singapore opportunities.

Just like any other student in Singapore, I’ve also went through my Singapore internship. Back in my poly days, we were all hoping for a good internship, a good company and I was really blessed to be able to intern at Tecmo Koei.



Many of you who are not in the digital media industry might not know this. But actually Koei is an international gaming company, which so happens to have a branch in Singapore, fortunately. Koei did famous games like Dynasty Warriors & Fist of the North star.



In which I was really lucky to be part of the CG Team in the making of a card game-app for Hokuto no Ken.



The game has already been released in Japan. I don’t know what to say but feel grateful that I was given this opportunity to intern in Koei. I was given tasks which are not like – pouring coffee or like easy touch up jobs. Whereas we were given like main graphics effects to do and treated like an employee rather than an intern.

People there were very nice and I had a very bad encounter with this senior 3D Modeler but well. I overcome it and did not quarrel with him, in which My superior praised me of having a high EQ. HA HA HA!!! (I happy not because my EQ high, means that idiot’s EQ low LOL)

Learning from a company as an intern was a very big milestone in my life. Compared to working part time jobs, I’ve never taken a 8-5pm (Office Hours) job before. My superiors were like angels siol.


P/S : Photo taken back in 2013, looking fat & shitty*

Really lucky and I remembered the HR was saying that we could wear anything to work, including slippers and shorts even bikinis HAHA.

My not so lucky friend Xiehang had to wear full formal and cannot use his phone in during his internship.

I felt so lucky, really! Out of all the internships in Singapore. I was given this great opportunity and it really adds on to my portfolio. I wish I could show you the works that I’ve done but unfortunately, I don’t have any of the files anymore. LOL (Don’t know where I threw them)

To sum it up, an internship was like the climax of a poly student’s lifespan in school. It’s like the finale and graduating show you’ve been waiting for ages. I also know that unlike my school, which is the great Nanyang Poly, which offers students and find internships for them, some other school’s don’t really have this common practice.

My dear friend Ebel had to find her own internship company by herself, and she didn’t even know how to start out with. Recently I was exposed to this new website called www.stroff.com which also offers internship opportunities other than part time jobs.

I know some of you might already know that this is an advertorial, which I would not hide, yes indeed it is an advertorial but this is a helpful advertorial to help you guys find your career perspective and opportunities, and I would say ‘YOU’RE WELCOME’ HAHHA



It doesn’t hurt to click on the URL to read on the website. For as far as I know, Stroff.com is run as a social project and is not making any money, and is funded by well-wishers who share the vision and objective of the portal's founding team.



So what are you waiting for? Go get some life experiences now!!



Seeya in my next post!
*You can read my blog post about "Part Time Jobs" Here!
<Advertorial>

No comments:

Post a Comment